This world-leading university is proud to be one of the most culturally diverse universities in the UK, with more than 140 nationalities playing a role in university life.
- University of the Year for Graduate Employment (Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022)
- 32nd in the UK (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022)
- 305th in the world (QS World University Rankings 2023)
- 1st in the UK for Information Technology Systems and Tourism, Transport, Travel and Heritage studies (The Complete University Guide 2023)
- 2nd for hospitality and tourism management (Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2022)
The Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2022 also ranked the University in the top 100 for the following subjects:
- Computer Science
- Electrical engineering
- Telecommunication engineering.
Undergraduate & Postgraduate (Taught)
A wide variety of undergraduate and postgraduate taught courses are offered, reflecting the requirements of students, industry, and society as a whole. Courses are taught by the university’s world-leading academics, whose inspirational research has a real impact on the world.
Internationally, the University of Surrey ranks 305 in the QS World University Rankings 2023, 246 in the Times Higher Education World Rankings 2022 and 388 in the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) 2021 research-led league tables. It has several subject areas that rank in the top 100 in the world, led by hospitality and leisure management/tourism (at 14th and 3rd in the QS and ARWU, respectively), and including electrical and electronic engineering, nursing, petroleum engineering, sociology, telecommunication engineering, transportation science and technology and veterinary sciences.
The REF 2021 placed the University 33rd for overall research quality and in the top 20 for research outputs. 41% of research was rated world-leading. For full details, please visit the appropriate university webpage: Research Excellence Framework 2021.
Surrey has been named as ‘University of the Year for Graduate Employment’ in the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide for 2022.
The Graduate Outcomes Survey 2022 found that 95% of Surrey undergraduates are in work or further education. Of those of took industry placements, 97% are in work or study.