International study at the University of Sheffield
The International College gives you the perfect introduction to studying abroad. We teach more than 1,000 students every year, preparing them for the challenges of studying their undergraduate or postgraduate degree at a top-ranking Russell Group University.
For many international students, studying abroad brings some challenges that need a little extra support. Our international pathway programmes are delivered by Study Group and developed in collaboration with academics from the University, so you will know what to expect during your degree.
University of Sheffield rankings
Sheffield is a member of the Russell Group of leading UK research universities. It has a global reputation for excellent teaching, research and student experience.
- 96th in the world (QS World University Rankings 2023)
- 14th in the UK (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2023)
- Ranked 1st in the Russell Group for student satisfaction in 11 subjects (National Student Survey 2022)
- 15 subjects rank in the World Top 100 (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022)
Why study at the University of Sheffield International College?
There are many reasons to join us at the International College, including:
- Unique programmes designed specifically to prepare you for progression to the University of Sheffield.
- Space to develop your English with confidence, surrounded by international students in the same position as you.
- International staff with an excellent reputation.
- Be a part of the University campus from day one – with access to all facilities and resources.
- Unparalleled support and guidance to help you settle in and gain confidence.
- We have five locations and all sites are easily accessible for students and close to the city centre.
- We have capacity to support 2,000+ students – due to continuous growth, the College launched additional sites in January 2020 to provide extra space to teach international students.
Conditional offer from the University
An offer to study at the College is also a conditional offer to study at the University, on completing the course and meeting progression requirements – you don’t need to apply through UCAS.
At the forefront of innovation and technology, the International College offers you a first-class learning environment on the University campus. Lecture rooms and study spaces are equipped with the latest technology and resources. Take a virtual tour of the International College.
University graduation – #Made in Sheffield