Aston University is one of the leading career-focused universities in the UK, dedicated to providing real-world experience to all of their students.
Located in the centre of Birmingham, the UK’s second-largest city, Aston is a welcoming home for career-minded students. Aston’s graduates are amongst the highest-paid five years after graduation (LEO, 2020), and the university is proud to be the Guardian University of the Year 2020 and the Times Higher Education Outstanding Entrepreneurial University (2020).
The Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021 rated 79% of Aston University research as ‘world leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’. In addition, 74% of the impact of the university’s research was rated “very considerable” or “outstanding” for reach and significance.
Some of Aston’s highlights over the past few years include:
- 2020 Guardian University of the Year;
- Silver Award by Athena SWAN for impact towards gender equality;
- Top 20 for 3* and 4* rated impact by the Research Excellence Framework (REF);
- Outstanding Entrepreneurial University (Times Higher Education Awards, 2020);
- Best University Careers/Employability Service (National Undergraduate Employability Awards 2020);
- Aston Students’ Union ‘Buildings that inspire’ winner (Guardian University Awards, 2020).